« Get additional answers from Garmin
How do I resolve the "USB Device Not Recognized" error when connecting my Garmin USB device to my computer?
The error USB Device Not Recognized indicates that there is a communication issue between Windows and the Garmin device. Use the following steps to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.
- If the device is a Garmin Mode device1, install or update the Garmin USB drivers
- Try connecting the device to a different USB port
- Avoid connecting through a USB hub, USB extension cable, keyboard, or monitor
- If using a desktop computer, use a USB port on the back of the computer instead of the ports on the front or side
- If using a laptop, try a port on the opposite side of the computer if available
- Try using a different USB cable, cradle, or clip
- If the device uses a cradle or a clip and an alternate cradle or clip is unavailable, try cleaning the contacts on the cradle and the device using a pencil eraser
- Try another computer if available
The USB Device Not Recognized error should no longer display. If the problem persists, contact Product Support.
1USB devices not found in this list are Garmin Mode devices.