« Get additional answers from Garmin
How do I master reset my Forerunner 410, 405CX or 405?
There are a few instances in which performing a master reset on the Forerunner 410, 405CX or 405 is necessary, such as if the device is:
- Not functioning properly
- Needing to be restored to factory default settings
- Not receiving a satellite signal*
- To bring up language selection prompt if incorrect language text is showing
- Unable to pair up accessories, such as the heart rate monitor or foot pod
All settings and workout data will be erased when resetting the GPS. Workouts can be backed up to training programs like Garmin Connect.
- If turned off, power on Forerunner
- Press and hold Start/Stop and Lap/Reset simultaneously
- Press both buttons until screen goes blank
- Release Start/Stop and continue to hold Lap/Reset
- Release Lap/Reset when the Do you really want erase all user data? message appears
- Select Enter (Start/Stop) to clear user data
Once these steps are complete, follow the setup prompts. Set profile options and charge the battery completely before using.
*If the device is not receiving a satellite signal, perform an AutoLocate before performing a master reset.
Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/