« Get additional answers from Garmin
Why is my Garmin USB device not recognized by my Mac?
Several reasons prevent a Mac computer from recognizing a Garmin USB device. Check the following items to allow proper communication from the Mac to the Garmin device:
- Ensure the Mac computer meets the minimum OS X requirements for the computer. As a general rule, OS X 10.5.8 and higher with an Intel-based processor is required for the Garmin software.
- Check the device and physical connection:
- Verify the cable being used is a USB data cable as some cables only provide power to charge through the USB cable, and these charging cables will lack the ability to communicate with the Mac
- Verify the device is connected directly to the Mac. Avoid connecting the device to a USB hub, keyboard, or USB port on the monitor
- Verify the cable is connected to the Garmin device and not to the power cradle for the device
- Verify the Garmin device is fully powered on
- Try an alternate USB port on the computer
- Disconnect any other devices from the USB ports on the Mac
- Restart the Mac
- Try connecting the Garmin USB device to another computer.
After checking the above, the Garmin USB device should be detected by the Mac computer. If the Garmin device is still not recognized, please contact Product Support: http://www.garmin.com/us/support/contact