« Get additional answers from Garmin
How do I activate an FM Traffic Subscription?
If you have purchased a HERE (Navteq) FM Traffic Subscription, you will need to log into your myGarmin account and activate the subscription before you are able to use the service.
(If your device came with a free traffic subscription, activation occurs automatically and the steps below are not necessary).
- Log into your myGarmin account
- Click the myExtras tab
- Click Services and Subscriptions
- Click FM Traffic Subscriptions
- Click Activate now
- Select your device type from the drop-down menu
- Follow the process for finding your traffic receiver Unit ID
- Enter your traffic receiver Unit ID in the text box and click Next
- Follow the steps on the next page for entering your traffic subscription codes
- HERE FM Traffic services require two codes in order to work in both the United States and Canada. Enter each code separately
- Once you have entered the traffic subscription, verify that you are currently in a coverage area
Once these steps have been completed, the subscription should be activated within 10 to 15 minutes.