« Get additional answers from Garmin
How do I recalibrate the touchscreen of my nuvi 30, 40, or 50 series device?
If the touchscreen on a nuvi 30, 40, or 50 series device is off or not responding, it may need to be calibrated.
To calibrate the touchscreen on a nuvi 30, 40, or 50 series device:
- Start with the device turned off and disconnected from power
- Press and hold the top left corner of the touchscreen
- Power the device on while continuing to apply light pressure to the screen
- Release the touchscreen once the screen displays "Press dot"
- Accurately touch the center of the dots that appear on the screen
- The dots will change location
- A stylus or pencil eraser may be used to accurately touch the dots
- Touch OK when "Calibration Complete" appears
The touchscreen is now calibrated. Repeat the steps above as needed.