« Get additional answers from Garmin
How do I use Google maps with my Garmin device?
Google will allow the transfer of addresses and POIs (Points of Interest)1 from Google Maps to the Garmin device.2
For the transfer you will need
- A computer with an Internet connection
- The classic version of Google Maps3
- A compatible Garmin Product
- A data transfer USB cable
- Garmin Communicator Plugin
To transfer a point from Google Maps to your Garmin device
- Plug your Garmin device into the computer via the USB
- Search Google Maps for the location you wish to send to your Garmin device
- Click on the More option under the address in the left pane
- Click Send
- Select GPS under the Send To: menu
- Select Garmin under the Brand drop down menu
- Change or enter any wanted information in the Name, Phone Number, or Notes fields
- Information in the phone number and notes fields may not display on all devices
- Click Send
- Garmin Communicator Plugin will search for updates to the Communicator as well as your Garmin device
- Click USB
- Click the Box next to the Garmin device plugged in
- Click Send to GPS
The address you searched for will now be available in the Favorites or Saved list of your Garmin device.
1Google does not allow routes to be transferred from Google Maps to the device.
2Compatible with the following Internet browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla FireFox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
3If you are currently using the new Google Maps version, please contact Google for information about how to revert back to the classic version.