« Get additional answers from Garmin
Can I pair a different company's speed and cadence sensor to my Edge 500?
The Edge 500 is compatible with the Garmin Speed/Cadence Sensor (GSC 10) as well as a select few 3rd Party ANT+ compatible sensors. The advanced Bike Profile settings allows you to setup your Edge according to the specific type of speed and/or cadence sensor being used.
To access the advanced Speed/Cadence Sensor settings:
- Go to Main menu
- Select Settings
- Select Bike Settings
- Select Bike Name (default is Bike 1)
- Select ANT + Spd/Cad
- Change Bike sensors present? to Yes, if needed
- Select Sensor Details
The description of each setting is as follows:
- Spd/Cad Sensor = GSC 10
- Spd Sensor = ANT+ Compatible 3rd Party Speed Sensor Only
- Cad Sensor = ANT+ Compatible 3rd Party Cadence Sensor Only
- Spd and Cad Sensors = ANT+ Compatible 3rd Party Cadence Only and Speed Only Sensors
Once the appropriate box is checked, press Back to pair the Edge 500 to sensor by pressing Rescan.
GSC 10 - https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=1266