« Get additional answers from Garmin
Why is the software on my ANT enabled Forerunner not updating?
In some cases, it has been found that a software update will not transfer from the Garmin website to the ANT Agent when using a newer version of Internet Explorer. This issue can be resolved by editing the trusted sites within the browser.
To get to the Trusted Sites menu:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click Tools
- Click Internet Options
- Click Security tab
- Select Trusted Sites
- Click Sites button
Once the Trusted Sites box is open, modify the Garmin sites:
- Select and remove *.garmin.com (if listed)
- Add the following sites:
- Ensure there is no check in Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone box
- Close Trusted Sites window
After editing the Garmin sites, the Protected Mode settings will need to be edited:
- Select Internet and ensure there is a check in the box for Enable Protected Mode
- Select Local intranet, Trusted sites, and Restricted sites one by one, ensuring there is no check in box for Enable Protected Mode
- Click OK
- Close any Internet Explorer windows
When Internet Explorer has been restarted, it will be necessary to update the software. This time the update will successfully transfer to the ANT Agent.
Update - http://connect.garmin.com/firmware